Update 13 April
British Airways have now advised that our flights 24 & 31 May will not operate so those holiday dates have now also been withdrawn. All clients affected will be contacted shortly to advise the possible options, if not already done. We are continuing to monitor the situation for June but already readying our centre so we are prepared to welcome our first guests just as soon as we are able.
Meanwhile if you have already booked we are not going to ask for balance payments until we know for certain when we are opening.
And we are also happy to take bookings on a provisional basis pencilled in without a deposit at this time.
Finally a bit of good news, contrary to our previous update we now understand that there has only been ONE person infected on the whole island of Lefkas and they appear to be recovering well.
April 3rd update.
We hope this mail finds you in good health and heart despite the current difficulties we are all experiencing.
Finally we have had confirmation that Norwegian Airlines, who were our responsible for our UK charter flights for the first three weeks of the season (May 03, 10 & 17 departures), will not be operating and so we are now in a position to inform you that those holiday weeks will definitely not be going ahead. This was as we expected but we needed this confirmation from the airline.
In our opinion it is unlikely that we will be operating until mid-June at the earliest but we need to await a decision by British Airways, who are operating our flying programme from 24 May onwards, before we are able to plan anything satisfactorily and BA are in turn undoubtedly awaiting further information from the Greek authorities.
So far the measures taken by the Greek government seem to be meeting with some success and they have one of the lowest rates of infections across Europe aided by the fact that it has been relatively easy to protect the islands by isolating them. A good example is that, as of 2nd April, Lefkas has had only 9 cases of coronavirus and they are being closely monitored. Meanwhile all schools and non-essential shops are closed, and hotels are currently not allowed to re-open until the end of April to further reduce the impact and spread of the virus. Moreover the Greeks are not allowed to go swimming, fishing, sailing or windsurfing which does seem a little bit extreme but at least makes those of us stuck in the UK just a little bit less jealous of those living near Vassiliki beach (Joe, Karen, Marko, Amy, Thanos and Stephania - hi!)
How does this affect you?
If you are booked on a holiday for those first three weeks of the season (3, 10, or 17 May) our UK office will be in contact with you by individual email over the next few days.
If you have booked a holiday from the 24th May onward we would ask you to bear with us for a while longer and specifically until we have further news from BA and the Greek authorities.
If you have not yet booked a holiday with us this season you are welcome to contact us and we can check availability and pencil you in a date without the need for a deposit at this time.
As you might expect, our UK office is not fully operational at present and only one person will be manning it during the current Governmental lockdown, so regrettably we cannot take phone calls at this time. Please therefore email with any requests or queries and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We hope this finds you in continued good healthy and heart during these challenging times. We would like to give you this update with the latest information on your Healthy Options 2020 holiday.Read on